5 Things to Know for October Bir Billing Adventure Tour
Updated: Feb 4
Bir Billing in Himachal Pradesh is popularly known as Asia's highest paragliding site and the world's second highest by a few hundred feet. Located in one of the most geographically advantageous terrain weather-dependent for paragliding the entire Tourism of Bir and Billing is dependent on Paragliding as an adventure sport.
Paragliding being a weather-dependent sport has its favorable months based on the location. The months of October to May are the months with the most favorable flying conditions in Bir Billing hence attracting many Pilots and Tourists from across the world.
With over 100 glides visible in the sky during peak season it's a sight to remember. The post-pandemic travel obsession has had its effect on Bir attracting tourists in unprecedented numbers to this Paragliding World cup site.
Here are 5 things to know before you plan your trip to Bir Billing in October and November 2023.
1. Booking your stay is of primary importance because as of 30th September 80% of Bir is already booked in terms of accommodation, most of which is long-term.
Bir has a variety of stay options including Hostels, hotels, Resorts, and Homestays. Although you can book most hotels, hostels, and resorts online, the majority still go to the Homestays that offer unique views, nature, and good food options.
These aren't available online and can be booked once you reach here or contact us for a list of Homestays in Bir here you can contact our teams and enquire before you arrive.
2. Beware of paragliding schools offering training and flying options for cheap. Paragliding is a weather-depended sport, and expert knowledge is needed to understand the right and safe weather conditions.
Because of high commercialization and competition, some people are trying to cut corners by using outdated equipment pilots with no emergency training whatsoever.
This is why you need to know your Pilots and the companies they work with to ensure a safe experience be it training or flying for fun.
Also, read the blog on -Paragliding Accidents and deaths in India& how to avoid them.
3. Bir is a center point for a lot of other great tourist places and attractions nearby. Many adventure enthusiasts like to explore this advantage of Bir by going on mind-blowing Hikes and trek trails, ranging from a few hours to a few days depending on one's capability.
Popular attractions include Ziplining, Sky cycling, Bungee Jumping, etc. All these are at an hour's distance from Bir. In terms of offbeat trek options for beginners and experts contact DreamAdventures
4. It doesn't take much to realize that with increasing tourism booking a taxi and getting a favorable seat in the busses can be a challenge. It is advised that you book your buses or cabs in advance. Call 9679499411 to know more.
5. Just like most tourist sites in Himachal Pradesh you can rent Bikes and Scotty. Rental options in Bir include a good variety from powerful scooters to trendy bikes like Honda Highness, Scrambler, and Himalayan. Negotiating spot rates can be a challenge, call 9679499411 to get the best deals for vehicle renting in Bir.
October to November is the prime time for flying paragliders in Bir Billing. The weather is at its best, with almost all days clear and sunny, capable of some great flights.
Before you can plan for Bir Billing in October and November, there are a few things you must know. That being said, the 5 things listed above should give you a sense of what to expect. If nothing else, they will prepare you to make an informed decision when it comes to planning your stay and your adventure activities in Bir.